Friday, February 20, 2004

Hillbilly was here


One of my favorite sections in Time Out New York each week is the Publiceye. It's a short Q+A article where random people off the streets are questioned about their taste and style and the answers are oftentimes hilarious. I always check to see if any of them look familiar. In last weeks issue I was surprised to see my friend Frank. I almost didn't recognize him. This Biker, Hillbilly Jesus look is a fairly recent incarnation. In school he sported the nerdy, big-cuffed dungarees with short sleeve shirt under a sweater vest look.
    Actually, I shouldn't be surprised that the first familiar person that I'd see here would be Frank. He has the gift of "Wherever you look, Frank is there." I was in Union Square looking up in the night sky as a total lunar eclipse was occurring when I almost bumped into somebody, it was Frank. He was overloaded with bags filled with clothes that he had just bought from Century 21 and he was on his way back again to return them all. Well, I guess that doesn't sound that surprising, but he does always seem to pop up where you'd least expect him. A friend was in a printing plant in Tokyo for a press OK, when Frank happened to walk through the door for his own press OK. How's that? Anyways, he's also the first person I know who had his allergies checked through a new form of medicine, homeopathy. Turns out he was allergic to the air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU LIE! I remember another old TONY where your dentists assistant was highlighted!
simone | | Fri, Feb 20, 2004 // 11:35:22 am | #

That's right! Now I remember.
My dentist told me she left school, moved to Florida and is now married with a kid. Livin' it up MILF style. YO Das MAD KRUNK!
henry | | Fri, Feb 20, 2004 // 12:21:37 pm | #