Thursday, February 12, 2004

run, show and smile

Karen came into the office and in all seriousness said, "I don't know why, but they say we have to evacuate the building now!" Some people asked "Why?!" "What for?!" "What's going on?!" I just got my coat and told everyone to go. Leave now, ask questions later. Turns out it was a false alarm but no one was able to tell us what spurred the mini panic.

We had a 2:00 jacket presentation meeting. It wasn't much fun. Comps weren't getting approved. Good thing I had a 5:30 dental appointment to look forward to. Gene Wilder came by right before the meeting was about to be over and we had to wait in the conference room for over 15 minutes for the editors to come back to finish looking at the last few comps.

Had a dental cleaning. My teeth are in good shape. My dentist gave me a complimentary toothbrush, tooth paste and floss. It didn't seem like enough of a reward so I got me a pecan pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pardon me but do you have any pecan piiiiieeeeeee?
Anonymous | | Fri, Feb 13, 2004 // 11:24:55 am | #