Thursday, February 28, 2008

Exactly

I was starting to feel ill after having too much dinner in Chinatown. I caught a waiting train at Canal Street but service was suspended due to debris on the tracks. I was feeling nauseous and it was freezing outside so I decided to leave and take a cab home. I had to walk to Lafayette and Spring Street to find an available cab feeling ill the whole way. An acidic taste pooling in my mouth. I anxiously wondered how long it would take me to get home so I used the stop watch on my iPod to time my trip. By the time I neared my apartment, the comfort of coming home settled my stomach. I pulled up in front of my apartment, asked for my receipt and stopped the timer. It registered 16:00 minutes exactly. When I looked at my receipt, my fare was $16.00. Exactly.
Brrrr it's cold.

No comments: